Participant safety is one of the key values that underpin our business. Gefen Travel acts as a booking agent for various excursion providers, event operators, accommodation and transport providers and we undertake to ensure, wherever applicable, that we select suppliers who demonstrate strict adherence to all relevant safety and health legislation and industry codes of practice.
Accommodation: including, but not limited to: current and valid fire certificates, fire insurance, licenses or operating certificates, hygiene certificates and public liability insurance.
Transport: including but not limited to: current and valid operating licenses, public liability and motor vehicle insurance. We also request, wherever possible that buses have fitted seatbelts and that emergency exits are clearly noted prior to departure. In the event of a breakdown, all road transport supply companies must have a contingency plan.
If Gefen Travel receives a formal complaint about any of our providers we will contact them within 7 days of receiving the complaint and respond to the complainant within 14 days.
- Flight: Civil Aviation Authority: www.caa.govt.nz.
- Land-based: Land Transport New Zealand: www.ltsa.govt.nz
- Rivers, lakes and sea craft: Maritime New Zealand: www.maritimenz.govt.nz
- Activities in National Parks and other conservation areas: www.doc.govt.nz
- Accommodation: New Zealand Fire Service www.fire.org.nz
- Food and hygiene regulations: www.lgol.co.nz
- Safety: www.business.govt.nz/worksafe/